Governor C. L. “Butch” Otter's Brightest Star Awards recognize outstanding individuals, students, schools, seniors, organizations, small businesses and corporations for their extraordinary efforts to improve the lives of Idahoans through voluntary public service and volunteerism. We invite you to nominate your volunteer superstars.
The process is simple. Review the nominee eligibility requirements below and then click here
to begin the on-line nomination process.
Nominee Eligibility Requirements
Individuals and groups who are eligible for nomination as a Governor's Brightest Star
- Idaho residents currently living within the state
- Those who have performed volunteer service in Idaho within the past year
- Companies that conduct business in Idaho. If the headquarters are out-of-state, local affiliates must be engaged in local volunteer activities.
Individuals and groups who are not eligible for nomination as a Governor’s Brightest Star
- Self-nominees for individual and student categories
- Office of the Governor staff or immediate family members
- Currently appointed Serve Idaho commissioners or immediate family members
- Serve Idaho staff or immediate family members
- Governor’s Brightest Star Awards Committee or immediate family members
Nominator Eligibility Requirements
Individuals and groups who are eligible to submit nominations for Governor's Brightest Stars
- Idahoans of all ages
- Representatives of companies that conduct business in Idaho with local affiliates actively engaged in local volunteer activities
Individuals and groups who are not eligible to submit nominations for Governor’s Brightest Stars
- The Governor’s Brightest Star Awards Committee Chair
- Serve Idaho staff members
- Office of the Governor staff members
- The editor of the Governor’s Brightest Stars ceremony program
Please note: Individuals may submit one nomination per category. Please submit each nomination separately for accurate tracking.
Seeking multiple nominations for an individual or group will not present any advantage to a nominee.
Nominees selected as a Governor’s Brightest Star Volunteer of the Year and those who will be recognized during the Governor’s Brightest Star Awards ceremony are subject to a background check by the Office of the Governor.
On-line Nomination Process
All Nominators will need to register with our website prior to submitting a nomination.
1. Under the Nomination Form tab on the Governor's Brightest Stars home page, click on the category that best describes your nominee:
- Organization - nonprofit or service club
- Small business - 99 or less employees
- Corporation - 100 or more employees
2. Complete all of the requested information for your nominee. You may also include up to four pages of supporting documentation, if desired. Please include the nominee's name in the top right corner of each supporting document. **Please note you will have 60 minutes to complete the nomination form.
3. When you've completed the form, click the Submit button at the bottom of the form. You will receive a email confirmation with the information that you have submitted.
Alternate Methods Nomination Process
We encourage all nominators to utilize the online form, however we will work to accommodate your requests and assist you in the completing a nomination form.
Please contact the Serve Idaho office at (208) 332-3578 or (800) 588-3334 within Idaho. Dial 1-711 for TTY Idaho Relay Service. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.