Idaho's Brightest Star Awards recognize outstanding individuals, students, schools, seniors, organizations, small businesses and corporations for their extraordinary efforts to improve the lives of Idahoans through voluntary public service and volunteerism. We invite you to nominate your volunteer superstars.
The process is simple. Review the nominee eligibility requirements below and then click here
to begin the on-line nomination process.
Nominee Eligibility Requirements
Individuals and groups who are eligible for nomination as a Idaho's Brightest Star
- Idaho residents currently living within the state
- Those who have performed volunteer service in Idaho within the past year
- Companies that conduct business in Idaho. If the headquarters are out-of-state, local affiliates must be engaged in local volunteer activities.
Individuals and groups who are not eligible for nomination
as a Idaho's Brightest Star
- Self-nominees for individual and student categories
- Office of the Governor staff or immediate family members
- Currently appointed Serve Idaho commissioners or immediate family members
- Serve Idaho staff or immediate family members
- Idaho's Brightest Star Awards Committee or immediate family members
Nominator Eligibility Requirements
Individuals and groups who are eligible to submit nominations for Idaho's Brightest Stars
- Idahoans of all ages
- Representatives of companies that conduct business in Idaho with local affiliates actively engaged in local volunteer activities
Individuals and groups who are not eligible to submit nominations
for Idaho's Brightest Stars
- The Idaho's Brightest Star Awards Committee Chair
- Serve Idaho staff members
- Office of the Governor staff members
- The editor of the Idaho's Brightest Stars ceremony program
Please note: Individuals may submit one nomination per category. Please submit each nomination separately for accurate tracking.
Seeking multiple nominations for an individual or group will not present any advantage to a nominee.
Nominees selected as a Idaho's Brightest Star Volunteer of the Year and those who will be recognized during the Idaho's Brightest Star Awards ceremony are subject to a background check by the Office of the Governor.
On-line Nomination Process
1. Under the Nomination Form tab on the Idaho's Brightest Stars home page, click on the category that best describes your nominee:
- Senior Citizen
- Organization - nonprofit, government or service club
- Small business - 50 employees or less
- Corporation -
2. Complete all of the requested information for your nominee. Please note the word limits stated for each narrative question on the nomination form(s).
3. When you've completed the form, click the Submit button at the bottom of the form.
Alternate Methods Nomination Process
We encourage all nominators to utilize the online form, however we will work to accommodate your requests and assist you in the completing a nomination form.
Please contact the Serve Idaho office at (208) 332-3578 or (800) 588-3334 within Idaho. Dial 1-711 for TTY Idaho Relay Service. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.