9th Annual Serve Idaho Conference
In partnership with Title I - Idaho State Department of Education
Education & Service: Gifts without Boundaries
The conference was attended by over 1,000 educators, national service members, non-profit directors and staff, and volunteer managers from both the public and private sectors around the state. The participants are dedicated to building Idaho communities through civic engagement, networking and celebrating volunteerism in Idaho. They explored and learned together through highly interactive workshops led by state, national and international experts who shared their best practices, creative strategies for success, and a generous amount of resources.
Thank you to all the sponsor's and service project host sites who supported Serve Idaho's Inland Northwest Conference.
- Corporation for National & Community Service
- Office Depot
- United Dairymen of Idaho
- Frito Lay
- Dr. Roger Munger—Boise State University
- Peterson Stampede Dodge Chrysler Jeep
On Thursday April 16th, 2009, over 150 conference attendees participated in a variety of service projects throughout Boise.
Service project coordinator Renee Cox email@example.com or phone 208-332-3578.
We would like to thank the following agencies for hosting this year's service projects:
- Project Linus - Volunteers made fleece blankets and complete quilt squares to be used by Project Linus to make quilts. The fleece blankets and quilts will be given to kids who need a hug.
- Boise Parks and Recreation - Volunteers spruced up Julia Davis Park by spreading safety surfacing on the playground, painting the exterior of the Idaho Black History Museum, sprucing up throughout the park, constructing habitat for the Porcupines at the Zoo, painting the light posts around the bandshell and doing creek cleanup.
- Boise Veterans Home - Volunteers took Veterans in wheelchairs on a nature walk around the grounds and spent time visiting with the Veterans.
- YMCA - Volunteers read, played games and did arts and crafts with the kids.