"TO ENCOURAGE VOLUNTEERISM AND COMMUNITY SERVICE"
To achieve this mission Serve Idaho promotes collaborative efforts among private and nonprofit organizations, schools and state and local government agencies to advance national service programs and volunteerism throughout the state. We are here to Serve Idaho!
Serve Idaho meets it mission through:
- Administration of Idaho’s AmeriCorps grants to address critical community needs through a year of dedicated service.
- Leadership of Idaho's promise to ensure that young people have the resources they need to be successful.
- Hosting the annual Serve Idaho Conference on Service and Volunteerism to provide volunteer management and professional development training for national service members, volunteer administrators representing the public and private sectors, service-learning educators and community volunteers.
- The Idaho's Brightest Star Awards to recognize Idaho’s outstanding volunteers.
- Coordination with the Idaho Bureau of Homeland Security and Corporation for National and Community Service partner, the Federal Emergency Management Agency to implement a statewide plan to coordinate and setup spontaneous emergency volunteer reception centers in the event of Governor-declared state disasters.
- Leadership in national days of service including Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, AmeriCorps Week and September 11th Day of Service and Remembrance.
- Outreach to engage more persons with disabilities in national service and volunteerism.